Week 9 Update
Grab and Go
Grab and Go meal distribution will continue on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of each week. At pick up on Monday and Wednesday, children 18 and under will receive enough food to cover breakfast and lunch for two days. On Friday, they will receive one breakfast and one lunch. Hot meals have been added to the menu. Meals will be served from 11 am to 1 pm at MSP.
Backpack Buddies’ distribution continues each Wednesday from 11 am to 1 pm at the Methodist church.
Below are links to two surveys that we need parents to complete. These surveys will help the Mississippi Department of Education and our school district determine the needs of our community in regards to our schools and your child/children’s ability to navigate virtual learning. Please complete these surveys by Monday, May 11, 2020, so that we may share the results with the Mississippi Department of Education and the Governor’s Office. This information will help assist in planning for education resources for the future during this pandemic.
Survey 1: PSD Parent Survey
Survey 2: MDE Parent Survey
As of April 21, almost half of Mississippi households have self-responded to the 2020 Census. 48.4% of Mississippi households have responded, below the national average of 50.7%. While the self-response rate is increasing, the growth rate is slow, and Mississippi is falling behind other states in response rates. Please take a moment to participate in the 2020 Census. Participation has a direct impact on congressional representation and federal funding available to support students within Mississippi schools. Families can complete the census online at MyCensus.gov.
End of the year awards celebrations will be conducted virtually the week of May 18th. More information will be coming in next week’s update.
Poplarville School District will begin online student registration this year through our Active Parent Portal. If you do not have an Active Parent account, go to www.poplarvilleschools.org. Click on the quick links at the top and click on Active Parent. It will take you to the website where you will click Create a new ActiveParent Account. Detailed information will be sent out about the registration process in the near future.
- Monday, May 11 is the deadline to submit course work for 4th quarter half-credit classes and credit recovery.
- Prom refunds are available for pick up in the PHS office Mon-Fri from 8:00 am-3:00 pm.
- Textbooks may be returned to the PHS office Mon-Fri from 8:00 am-3:00 pm.
- Coaches will be contacting team members to communicate pick up times for items left in locker rooms and field houses
- Students, please continue to log into your Course Google Classroom as your instructors are adding material weekly.
- Spring pictures will be available for pick up at the MSP office during office hours. If you are unable to pick up, pictures will be mailed with report cards.
- Distance learning packets are available in the file cabinet located at the Central Office.
- Students can continue to log into their Google Classrooms as teachers are adding materials for practice.
- iReady is available for students to access for additional practice.
- Incoming 7th and 8th-grade students should complete and submit their scheduling request form.
- Next week, information concerning scheduling for incoming 6th-grade students will be posted on the PSD website and sent to student emails. Also, scheduling request forms will be sent to student emails and posted on the PSD website.
- Library books and textbooks can be turned into the dropbox located at the front entrance of MSP.
- Distance learning packets are available in the file cabinet located at the Central Office. Please take what you need, and not the whole folder.
- Student workbooks and library books can be returned to the green drop box located at the front door of the school. The deadline is May 15.
- PSD Online Learning Portal for PUE is being updated frequently.
- Student-issued textbooks or library books can be returned via drop box located at the front door of the PLE Office. The deadline for returning these is May 15.
- PSD’s Online Learning Portal for PLE is being updated frequently. Our teachers are making videos for our students, and the Morning Message is being placed here each week. Please check it out!