NOTICE AND INSTRUCTION TO BIDDERS
POPLARVILLE SPECIAL MUNICIPAL SEPARATE SCHOOL DISTRICT
302 SOUTH JULIA STREET
POPLARVILLE, MS 39470
DEPOSITORY FOR A ONE (1) YEAR PERIOD
BEGINNING WITH FISCAL YEAR 2022 (July 1, 2021-June 30, 2022)
OPENING DATE AND TIME: May 20, 2021 at 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: Office of the Superintendent
302 South Julia Street
Poplarville, Mississippi 39470
Notice is hereby given to all qualified financial institutions pursuant to existing provisions of Sections 27-105-315, 27-105-305, 27-105-5 and 37-7-333, Mississippi Code Ann. (1972), it is the intention of the Board of Trustees of the Poplarville Special Municipal Separate School District to select one or more depositories to assist with the banking functions for funds of the Poplarville School District for a one (1) year period commencing not later than July 1, 2021 and ending June 30, 2022 and thereafter until new arrangements shall be made according to law.
The legal provisions providing for the naming of depositories of the Poplarville School District are set forth in Section 37-7-333, Mississippi Code Ann. (1972) and related statutes.
2. PREPARATION OF BIDS:
(a) All information requested of the bidder shall be entered in the appropriate space on the bid form. Failure to do so may disqualify your offer.
(b) All information shall be entered in ink or typewritten. Corrections are to be initialed in ink by the person(s) signing the bid.
(c) Corrections and/or modifications received after the closing time specified shall not be accepted.
(d) All bids shall be signed by an authorized officer or employee of the Bidder.
(e) Bids must be submitted by the opening date and/or prior to the time specified to be considered. No late bids, faxed, or telephone bids will be accepted.
(f) Bids must be submitted in a sealed envelope with the following information written or typed on its face: Depository Bid May 20, 2021
3. ACCOUNT INFORMATION:
Account information will be provided upon request.
4. EVALUATION PROCESS:
The Chief Financial Officer of the Poplarville School District or her designee will evaluate all bids. The School Board of Trustees will designate one or more depositories at the first regular meeting following the bid opening.
The criteria that will be used to make the selection include, but is not limited to the following, not necessarily in the order listed:
(a) Type of third party institution holding collateral
(b) Financial strength of institution
(c) Interest Rates offered on accounts
(d) Branch locations
(e) Automated Clearing House (ACH) Service** via Internet for on-line banking, Federal/State Tax Payments and Payroll Direct Deposit
(f) Services that are offered at no cost to the District.
(g) Other investment opportunities available to the District through the bank.
(h) Any additional services offered.
**The District requires full service provided by ACH in the following areas (but not limited
- to) the following: viewing of all district deposits, interfund transfer capability, 24 hour account balance viewing, stop payments issued on line, canceled check viewing with endorsements, federal/state tax deposits, payroll, and accounts payable direct deposits.
5. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND RESERVATIONS:
(a) The Poplarville School District reserves the right to request, after bids are opened, any additional information regarding the bid which will help in determining the successful bidder.
(b) The Poplarville School District reserves the right:
- To award bids received on the basis of individual accounts, groups of accounts, or on all accounts of the Poplarville School District;
- To reject any and/or all bids, or any part thereof;
- To waive any and all irregularities and formalities;
- To designate one or more banks submitting bids as depositories, and to deposit school district funds with any depository from time to time during the fiscal year according to the best interests of the Poplarville School District, including but not limited to interest rate, cost, services offered and convenience to the Poplarville School District.
- To accept the bid that is the most responsive and responsible bid(s) in the best interest of the Poplarville School District.
(c) Bids cannot be withdrawn for a period of thirty (30) days after the bid opening date.
(d) Once accepted by the School Board of Trustees, no bids may be withdrawn.
(e) The Poplarville School District reserves the right to deposit any of its surplus funds, including but not limited to bond funds and any surplus operating funds with any bank qualified as a depository for
state funds or as otherwise allowed by law.
(f) The decision of the School Board of Trustees shall be final.
If any additional information or clarification is needed, please see https://www.poplarvilleschools.org/2021/04/21/depository-bid-05-20-2021 or contact Samantha J. Sandifer, CPA, CGMA, Chief Financial Officer by email at email@example.com or at (601) 795-8477.