Applications are now being accepted in the Office of the Superintendent, Poplarville School District, 302 South Julia Street, Poplarville, MS 39470 for the position of Culinary Arts Instructor at the Career Development Center.
Applicant must have earned a two-year college degree (associate degree) or higher from an accredited institution of higher education and the ability to meet the licensure requirements as indicated below in order to hold a 972 Mississippi teacher endorsement:
- Applicants with an associate degree must have at least two years of verifiable occupational experience in the past ten years. Experience must be appropriate to the subject to be taught.
- Applicants with a bachelor or higher degree must have at least one year of verifiable occupational experience in the past ten years. Experience must be appropriate to the subject to be taught.
- Applicants must successfully complete the ServSafe® Certification exam and keep it current (update every 5 years)
- Applicants must successfully complete all components of national Prostart® Certification program
- Applicant must enroll immediately in the Vocational Instructor Preparation (VIP) Program with MDE.
- Applicant must complete the individualized Professional Development Plan (PDP) requirements of the VIP prior to the expiration date of the 3-year vocational license.
- Applicant must successfully complete an approved computer literacy certification exam.
- Applicant must successfully complete a certification for an online learning workshop, module, or course that is approved by the Mississippi Department of Education.
- Applicant must successfully complete a Culinary Arts certification workshop, module, or course that is approved by the Mississippi Department of Education.
Applicants may contact Keri Smith, CTE Director, at 601-795-8343 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. A complete application can be downloaded from https://www.applitrack.com/poplarville/onlineapp/.