Report Cards/Registration Codes
For those who didn’t get a chance to pick up report cards, awards, and information about registration last week please do so by noon on Tuesday, June 2, 2020. Report cards that are remaining will be mailed Tuesday afternoon. If you have textbooks or library books to return, we would appreciate it if you could return them.
Summer Meal Program
We will begin our Summer Meal Program on Monday, June 1, 2020. This program will run each Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. At pick up on Monday and Wednesday, children 18 and under will receive enough food to cover breakfast and lunch for two days. On Friday, they will receive one breakfast and one lunch. Hot meals have been added to the menu. Meals will be served from 11 am to 1 pm at MSP. Please plan to join us for our Summer Meal Program
Please note: There will not be an option later to complete a paper online registration packet. All registration documents will be completed online.
Important Registration Dates
|Now through June 5th||Kindergarten Registration:
Step 1 in getting your child registered for kindergarten is to complete this form letting us know your child is eligible for our kindergarten class: Poplarville Lower Elementary’s Eligible Kindergarteners for the Upcoming 2020-2021 School Year.
Step 2 is an email confirming and asking you for a little more information before your Active Parent account can be made.
Step 3 is us making your Active Parent account and then providing you with an individualized code in which to register. It, along with a letter that provides instructions, will come to the email provided by the parent in the previous steps.
|June 8th||Beginning June 8th, parents of returning students that have no internet access or those that need assistance with the online registration process may call the front office of their child’s school to schedule an appointment to complete registration at their student’s campus. During this time, the schools will have computers available for parents/guardians to register their student using the online registration portal.
Also, Proofs of Residency may be submitted to the schools in person beginning June 8th.
Registration this year will be completed online using our ActiveParent portal and will require the use of a student-specific registration code. These registration codes will be issued to the guardian when report cards are picked up at the campuses on May 27th-29th. The online registration portal will be opened for parent use on May 27th.
Unfortunately, parents that attempted to register their students prior to the official opening of the portal on May 27th will have to re-complete the registration process due to the fact that the student-specific registration code must be used in order to verify guardianship to the ActiveParent account. We apologize for the inconvenience, but student safety is a top priority for our district.
The required proofs of residency will be accepted both online during the registration process or in-person after June 8th. However, all students must be registered by the guardian using the online registration portal.
Required Registration Documents:
- Two proofs of residency (New and Returning Students):
- Filed Homestead Exemption Application form for the student’s primary residence.
- Mortgage document or property deed for the student’s primary residence (A bill is NOT an acceptable document. An acceptable document will contain the land description of the student’s primary residence).
- Notarized apartment or home lease where the student resides.
- Utility bills (Water, Electricity, or Gas – NO PHONE BILLS) (Must have been issued within the last 30 days and No PO boxes)
- Current valid driver’s license or state-issued ID showing residence property address.
- Affidavit of residency (Go to the child’s school office to complete)
- Current valid automobile registration – Name and physical address must be valid – A car title is not a valid proof.
- Immunization Form 121–“Complete for School” (New Students and 7th Graders)
- Birth certificate (New Students)
- Any possible court records