Week 7 Update for April 24th
We have a few reminders to share as we begin another week of distance learning. We want to also thank each of our parents and our students for the work being done to help finish this year strong in order to be prepared for the upcoming school year.
Learning Packets and Online Portal
Work packets for K-8 parents/students that wish to have additional practice are available at the Central Office in file cabinets located on the front porch beginning Monday, April 27th. The cabinets are labeled by grade levels and resources. Also, don’t forget to check out our Online Learning Portal on the district website.
Grab and Go Meals
Grab and Go meal distribution will continue on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of each week. At pick up on Monday and Wednesday, children 18 and under will receive enough food to cover breakfast and lunch for two days. On Friday, they will receive one breakfast and one lunch. Hot meals are being added to Friday’s menu. Meals will be served from 11 am to 1 pm at MSP.
Backpack Buddies’ distribution continues each Wednesday from 11 am to 1 pm at the Methodist church.
Active Parent Accounts Required for NEW Online Registration for 2020-2021 School Year
Registration for the 2020-2021 school year will be done a little differently. Parents will be registering their students online. In order to register online, you MUST have an Active Parent account. If you do not have an Active Parent account, go to www.poplarvilleschools.org. Click on the quick links at the top and click on the link that says Active Parent. It will take you to the website where you will click Create a new ActiveParent Account. Once you create an account and the account is activated, you will be ready to register online when it becomes available.
Student belongings may be picked up at your child’s school during the week of May 4th – 8th. Procedures for pickup will be posted in next Friday’s update.
As of April 21, almost half of Mississippi households have self-responded to the 2020 Census. 48.4% of Mississippi households have responded, below the national average of 50.7%. While the self-response rate is increasing, the growth rate is slow, and Mississippi is falling behind other states in response rates. Please take a moment to participate in the 2020 Census. Participation has a direct impact on congressional representation and federal funding available to support students within Mississippi schools. Families can complete the US Census Online by visiting the website.
● Prom refund checks will be available soon. We will notify students when they are ready for pick up.
● Students with textbooks or library books may drop them off at the PHS office Mon.-Fri from 8:00 am-3:00 pm. Deadline May 15th.
● Graduation ceremonies are still in the planning phase.
● Refunds for the 7th-grade field trip to movies
￮ A check for the refund amount will be mailed to the primary caregiver’s address on file beginning the week of April 27, 2020.
● Textbooks or library books can be returned Mon.-Fri from 8:00 am-3:00 pm. A drop box will be located in the front of MSP. Deadline May 15th.
● Practice work and enrichment activities will continue to be posted in google classrooms.
● A time to pick up student belongings will be scheduled at a later date.
● The link to the 2020-2021 MSP student scheduling request form will be sent out Tuesday, April 28 via SchoolStatus and www.poplarvilleschools.org
● Library books can be returned beginning on Monday from 8 a.m.-3 p.m. There will be a green box located in front of PUE.
● Continue to check your child’s Google classroom for enrichment activities.
● We will schedule a time to pick up student belongings at a later date beginning the week of May 4th.
● Student-issued textbooks or library books can be returned via drop box located at the front door of the PLE Office. The deadline for returning these is May 15.
● Student belongings may be picked up at the PLE Front Office beginning the week of May 4th.
● Refund for the kindergarten field trip to Country Girl Creamery:
￮ A check for the refund amount of $10 was mailed out Friday, April 24th to the primary caregiver’s address on file.
● Please frequently check the PLE Online Learning Portal for weekly videos and messages.
● Thank you to everyone who let us know about their upcoming kindergartener! Visit the PLE Online Learning Portal on the Poplarville School District’s website to see the winners of the prizes and incentives!