1. Stay home when you are sick. If possible, stay home from work, school, and errands when you are sick. You will help prevent others from catching your illness. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
2. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. Germs spread this way.
3. Cover coughs and sneezes. Use a tissue to cover coughs and sneezes, then dispose of the tissue. When a tissue is not available, cough or sneeze into your elbow.
4. Clean and disinfect surfaces or objects. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home, work or school, especially when someone is ill.
5. Wash Your Hands! Wash hands often and properly. Handwashing is the #1 way to prevent sickness. https://www.cdc.gov/
Follow these links for more guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control: