PLEASE BRING YOUR CHILD WITH YOU TO REGISTRATION!
Faculty and staff will be conducting screeners needed for placement in Kindergarten. Your child will not be assigned a teacher until they have been screened.
Kindergarten registration for 2018-2019 school year will be held at Poplarville Lower Elementary School on THURSDAY, March 22, 2018 between the hours of 10:00 am and 6:00 pm. At 5:30 pm there will be Parent Academy for incoming Kindergarteners, in the PLE cafeteria. A light dinner and childcare will be provided for parents attending Parent Academy.
Children of the school district who will be 5 years old on or before SEPTEMBER 1, 2018 should be registered. A parent or guardian must be the one to register the child. Enrollment will not be complete without the following documents:
- Original Certified Birth Certificate
- Original Mississippi Immunization Compliance Form 121
(Most school immunizations can now be given at 4 years of age)
- Custody Papers (if applicable)
- (2) documents as verification of residence in the Poplarville School
District (NO POST OFFICE BOX ADDRESS WILL BE ACCEPTED)
- Filed Homestead Exemption Application for the student’s primary residence
- Mortgage Documents or Property Deed for the student’s primary address
- Notarized Apartment or Home Lease
- Current Driver’s License
- Utility Bills (Water, Electricity, Gas, (NO PHONE BILLS). Must be dated within 1
Month of registration
- Automobile Registration
- Affidavit and/or personal visit by a designated school district official
If you do not have all of the above information, we encourage you to come and start the enrollment process. For more information call 601-795-4736.