- Published: Tuesday, 23 February 2016 15:50
Kindergarten registration for 2016-2017 school year will be held at Poplarville Lower Elementary School on WEDNESDAY, March 16, 2016 between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Children of the school district who will be 5 years old on or before SEPTEMBER 1, 2016 should be registered. A parent or guardian must be the one to register the child. It is not necessary for the child to be present for registration.
Enrollment will not be complete without the following documents: Original Certified Birth Certificate, Original Mississippi Immunization Compliance Form 121, Social Security Card, Custody Papers (if applicable), and (2) documents as verification of residence in the Poplarville School District.
Most school immunizations can now be given at 4 years of age. Please check with your healthcare provider and get your child’s immunizations up to date for school. This will make completing registration much easier.
Any document with a post office box number will not be accepted. Acceptable documents include:
- Filed Homestead Exemption Application for the student’s primary residence
- Mortgage Documents or Property Deed for the student’s primary residence
- Notarized Apartment or Home Lease
- Current Driver’s License
- Utility Bills (Water, Electricity, Gas, (NO PHONE BILLS). Must be dated within 1 month of registration
- Automobile Registration
- Affidavit and/or personal visit by a designated school district official
If you do not have all of the above information, we encourage you to come and start the enrollment process. For more information call 601-795-4736.