Week 10 Update
The 2019-2020 official school year ends Thursday, May 21, 2020. However, that doesn’t mean that this summer will look like every other summer. This year all students will have the opportunity to participate in our Summer Learning Program. Details will be available in next week’s update. Until then check out all the activities and events planned for next week! We will continue to publish weekly updates in order to keep our school community informed on the district’s current and future plans.
Please see your child’s school information below for Virtual Awards Celebration information. Celebrations will be presented on the district’s website and Facebook page.
- Monday, May 18, 2020- MSP
- Tuesday, May 19, 2020- PLE
- Wednesday, May 20, 2020- PUE
- Thursday, May 21, 2020- PHS
Grab and Go
Grab and Go meal distribution will continue on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of this week. At pick up on Monday and Wednesday, children 18 and under will receive enough food to cover breakfast and lunch for two days. On Friday, they will receive one breakfast and one lunch. Hot meals have been added to the menu. Meals will be served from 11 am to 1 pm at MSP.
The last day for Grab and Go meal distribution will be Friday, May 22nd. No meals will be served the week of May 25th so that we can prepare for our Summer Meal Program that will begin June 1st. Details about our Summer Meal Program will be shared soon.
The last day for Backpack Buddies’ distribution will be Wednesday, May 20th, from 11 am to 1 pm at the Methodist church.
Registration- Beginning May 27, 2020
Registration this year will be completed online using our ActiveParent portal and will require the use of a student-specific registration code. These registration codes will be issued to the guardian when report cards are picked up at the campuses on May 27th-29th. The online registration portal will be opened for parent use on May 27th.
Unfortunately, parents that attempted to register their students prior to the official opening of the portal on May 27th will have to re-complete the registration process due to the fact that the student-specific registration code must be used in order to verify guardianship to the ActiveParent account. We apologize for the inconvenience, but student safety is a top priority for our district.
The required registration documents and proofs of residency will be accepted both online during the registration process or in-person after June 8th.
Important Registration Dates
|May 27th||Online Registration Portal Opens|
|May 27th – May 29th||Registration Code/Report Card Pickup
|June 1st -5th||Kindergarten Registration – The first step in getting your child registered for kindergarten is to complete this form letting us know your child is eligible for our kindergarten class: Poplarville Lower Elementary’s Eligible Kindergarteners for the Upcoming 2020-2021 School Year.
Afterward, you will be sent an email confirming and asking you for a little more information before your Active Parent account can be made. Once your Active Parent account is made, you will be provided an individualized code in which to register.
|June 8th||Beginning June 8th, parents of returning students that have no internet access or those that need assistance with the online registration process may call the front office of their child’s school to schedule an appointment to complete registration on-site. Also, Proofs of Residency may be submitted to the schools in person beginning June 8th.|
Required Registration Documents:
- Two proofs of residency (New and Returning Students):
- Filed Homestead Exemption Application form for the student’s primary residence.
- Mortgage document or property deed for the student’s primary residence (A bill is NOT an acceptable document. An acceptable document will contain the land description of the student’s primary residence).
- Notarized apartment or home lease where the student resides.
- Utility bills (Water, Electricity, or Gas – NO PHONE BILLS) (Must have been issued within the last 30 days and No PO boxes)
- Current valid driver’s license or state-issued ID showing residence property address.
- Affidavit of residency (Go to the child’s school office to complete)
- Current valid automobile registration – Name and physical address must be valid – A car title is not a valid proof.
- Immunization Form 121–“Complete for School” (New Students and 7th Graders)
- Birth certificate (New Students)
- Any possible court records
- Any UPCOMING 9th through 12th-grade students interested in applying for next year’s student council can access the Google form application on the District website. The deadline to apply is Friday, May 22. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
- All current 10th and 11th grade NHS and Student Council members need to turn their service hours into Ms. Lee by email TODAY
- Senior Parade- May 21 at 7:00pm – See PSD website for details
- PHS Virtual Award presentation – Presented May 21
- MSP Virtual Awards Celebration is Monday, May 18 The celebration is available for viewing on the PSD website and PSD Facebook page.
- Parents may continue to drop off Library books in the drop box in the MSP office.
- Incoming 6th-grade Scheduling Request Form can be accessed by one of the following:
- Student email
- 6th Grade Schedule Request link
- Please complete the form by Wednesday, May 19. If you have any questions, please contact the MSP office at 601.795.1350.
- Wednesday, May 20th – PUE Virtual Awards Celebration available for viewing on PSD Facebook.
- Parents may continue to drop off library books in the green drop box.
- PSD Online Learning Portal for PUE is being updated frequently.
- Be on the lookout for PLE’s awards to be presented virtually. Presentation of PLE awards will be Tuesday, May 19th on the PSD website and PSD’s Facebook page.
- Also, PSD’s Online Learning Portal for PLE is being updated frequently. Our teachers are making videos for our students, and the Morning Message is being placed here each week. Please check it out!
- A list of student fines has been printed for student-issued textbooks and library books that were not returned by the May 15th deadline. However, PLE would rather have the books returned so that they may be used for the upcoming school year. Parents may continue to return the items via drop box located at the front door of the PLE Office.
- As mentioned above, Wednesday, May 27th, between the hours of 2:00 and 6:00, parents and students may pick up their report cards and awards. PLE has a few extra things planned. More information will be shared in next week’s update, on PSD’s website and Facebook page.