CROSS COUNTRY BOYS ARE 4-A REGION 7 CHAMPIONS
Congratulations to coach Luke Gipson and the cross country boys whose hard work rewarded them with the title of 4-A Region 7 champions. They received this honor on October 24, 2019 with a race a George County High School. The team consisted of: Gavin McGowan, Seth Santiago, Logan Price, Lane Ladner, and Ben Billiot. The girls cross country will run at the State meet on Nov. 6th at Choctaw Trails in Jackson, MS.
Editor: Katrina Clark
BASKETBALL SEASON BEGINS
Basketball season began October, 26. The boys started their season with a jamboree at North Pike and the girls at Moss Point on Saturday. The varsity boys and girls first official games will be held November 15 at D’Iberville, with the girls starting at 5:30 and boys starting at 7pm. Please come out to support and love on your team.
Editor: Dalton Barnes
SOCCER SEASON BEGINS
The Poplarville varsity soccer teams started their season on October 26th at Petal High school. Girls played the first game in the Jamboree against Florence High School. A 2-1 loss was the outcome of the first game. On of the highlights of the first game was when Jaycee Bridges scored a goal, which was assisted by Evelyn Kimbell on a corner kick. The varsity boys played a tough game against Florence and sadly lost 2-0. The varsity girls then played their second game against Petal High school. The girls however lost a tough game against Petal High School, with a score of 0-1. The boys then finished the night with a game against petal with a tied score of 1-1.
On November 2nd, the girls varsity team traveled to the Laurel Sportsplex. They played two, short games that night. The girls won their first game 2-0 against Laurel High School with a goal from Juliana Wells and a goal from Evelyn Kimbell. Yet, the girls played a rough game against South Jones High School. The outcome of that game was a 2-1 loss with a goal from Emilia Kimbell.
November 5th, both girls and boys varsity soccer teams will be traveling to Pearl River Central. Girls varsity will be playing at 5:30 and boys will start at 7:00. This will be their first real game of the season. Come out and support your lady and men hornet soccer players.
Editor: Blaire Alexander
FOOTBALL TEAM HEADED TO THE PLAYOFFS
The Hornet Football team finished off the regular season with a 35-0 home victory over Region 7-4A foe Sumrall Friday night. The Hornets are now 5-5 overall and 4-1 in Region 7-4A. The Hornets have clinched a #2 lead in the region which means a 1st round home playoff game Friday night, November 8th. Poplarville will host St. Stanislaus. Kickoff is at 7pm. Admission to Rounds 1-3 of the Playoffs is $8 and only MHSAA State Passes will be honored per MHSAA regulations. See the information below for an awesome Game Day experience.
Tailgating and $5 parking
- PHS will provide spots for tailgating for $100 for the season (regular and playoffs). The tailgating area can be accessed through the Stinger St gate off of Jacobs Ave. This gate will open at 4:15pm and close at 6:45pm on Game Day. The tailgate area will be closed during the game. Come by the PHS office to reserve your spot.
- The tailgating area will also be available for $5 per car parking each home game..
Handicap Parking, Pass Parking, and Free Parking
- Handicap parking can be accessed through the Pete Jackson Dr. gate off of Jacobs Ave.
- Individuals with a Touchdown Pass, MHSAA State Pass, or MHSAA District Pass can access Pass Parking through the Pete Jackson Dr. gate off of Jacobs Ave.
- Home side Free parking can be accessed through the student gate off of Hwy. 53. Visitor Side parking can be accessed through the PHS or MSP School Bus Circle gates.
Admission, Tickets, and Passes
- Admission to Rounds 1-3 of the Playoffs is $8 and only MHSAA State Passes will be honored per MHSAA regulations.
- Tickets can be purchased at the gate. Gates open at 5:30pm.
- Pre-sale Tickets can be purchased from 12 noon-2pm beginning Wednesday of Game Week at the PHS office.
- PHS has a no re-enter policy. Anyone leaving the stadium will be required to pay to re-enter.
- Outside food, drink, and coolers will not be allowed into the stadium.
- Alcohol, Drugs, Tobacco, and Firearms are prohibited on PHS campus.
Editor: Jonathan Ray